To make life easier in the home or kitchen, trash cans are having a revolution! Forget the traditional pedal bins or open them by hand. Cooking requires dirtying and getting your hands dirty, and the automatic trash cans with motion sensors arrive as a backup. These open by themselves as you approach your hands, using an infrared sensor. They make cooking much more practical, but before making your choice, there are several criteria to take into account depending on your needs.
Garbage cans with motion detectors have been created to solve specific health and simplicity problems to modernize the use of garbage cans and bring them into line with the modern rules of hygiene. What are the principles, advantages, and disadvantages of this type of trash can?
The Working Principle of Smart Waste Can
The automatic intelligent sensing trash can is controlled by a circuit chip and consists of an infrared detection device and a mechanical electronic drive system. As long as there is an object close to the sensing area, the lid will automatically open, and it will automatically close after the object or hand leaves the sensing area for a few seconds. It does not require an external power source； it is powered by a battery and has low power consumption. The exquisite streamlined appearance sensor flip design, which combines infrared sensor and microcomputer, is flexible and convenient, and it can easily throw out the garbage without manual or foot stepping. In addition, it is convenient and hygienic and has reliable performance, which helps you effectively prevent contact infections.
The Advantages of the Smart Trash Can
(1) Energy-saving and environmental protection. The smart trash can has a sleep wake-up function. When no one throws trash for a long time, the single-chip microcomputer automatically turns off the power of the circuit except the infrared sensor, and then the single-chip enters sleep, thereby reducing the waste of energy; energy saving and environmental protection are achieved. When someone comes, the single-chip microcomputer is awakened through the circuit part, and the single-chip microcomputer re-energizes the circuit that was previously turned off and entered the normal working state.
(2) Clean and hygienic. The intelligent trash not only conforms to the pursuit of modern society but also breaks through the traditional thinking barrier of opening the lid by hand or foot. The induction switch lid makes people less worried when throwing garbage and also reduces the chance of cross-infection of various germs in life. At the same time, it has good airtightness, no garbage or peculiar smell overflows, and ensures fresh air around it.
(3) Entertainment. Most trash cans have a voice system, which will send out some humorous words according to different situations. While entertaining the public, it also attracts people to consciously throw rubbish into the bucket, which can attract children to pick up rubbish and throw it in, so that people can develop a good habit of not littering and make our surrounding environment more beautiful.
Traditional Trash Can vs Smart Trash Can
As an indispensable necessity in human life, trash can accompanies mankind every day. With the general improvement of people’s environmental awareness and aesthetic level, the types and numbers of trash cans are constantly being renovated and increased. People pay more attention to its beauty and practicality, and the products are also developing in the direction of “compactness” and “intelligence”. So is the smart trash can better than the traditional plastic trash can? Let’s take a look!
Intelligent trash can:
The scalability of the trash can means that the size and volume of the trash can be adjusted within a certain Range as required so that the trash can be easily carried.
Kitchen and bathroom waste prevents odors from escaping, and the trash can is sealed with a sealing ring, which will reduce the service life of the mechanical structure; even using low temperature to keep the waste fresh will generate a lot of power consumption.
The recycling and classification of garbage and the artificial intelligence classification of garbage is a highly technical subject. Nowadays, no machine can complete the garbage classification and recycling work only by-products without relying on manpower. Moreover, the capacity of household trash cans is very small, and there is no need to carry out garbage collection and classification.
Traditional trash can:
- Wastewater containing impurities is dumped into trash cans, emitting peculiar smells, polluting the air, and corroding iron trash cans.
- Large pieces of garbage cannot be put down and piled around the trash can, affecting the community environment.
- Hazardous garbage such as waste batteries, waste fluorescent tubes, mercury thermometers, waste paint, and expired medicines are put into the bucket casually, which will pollute the recyclable waste and pollute the air.
- Garbage that is easy to decompose under natural conditions, such as skins, vegetable skins, leftovers, etc., are perishable in the trash can. Because the trash can is not sealed, it emits a lot of peculiar smells.
- Contact trash cans, such as flip-top trash cans, are not cleaned up in time and have an impact on people’s living environment.
How do Kinmore Motor Provide Suitable Motors for Smart Waste Bin?
The geared motor produced by Kinmore motor is the best solution for the power source of the smart waste bin. The smart waste bin cooperates with the sensor and data processing to realize the functions of automatic opening, packing, and changing bags under the driving of the motor. Thanks to the high stability and high degree of protection of the motors we offer, they are able to perform well even in the toughest working environments.
For the smart waste bin, we recommend using this gear motor (KM-12FN20-29.9-03306), because it has the characteristics of low noise, high Torque, high performance, and long life. Of course, we can also according to the performance requirements of customers to provide a comprehensive evaluation of the motor and customize it.
Motor Technical Parameters:
|Rated Voltage||3.0V DC|
|No Load Speed||306±12% rpm|
|No Load Current||0.066A|
|Direction of rotation||CW|
- The electrical performance of motors such as Voltage, Speed, etc. can be customized after evaluation
- Stable performance and high efficiency
- Low Current, low power consumption: rated Current ≤ 138 mA
- Low voice
With over 20-year experience in motor drive solutions, we can quickly customize motor programs to meet customer requirements and provide customized services such as drawings, material selection, and proofing according to customer needs. For more information on the smart trash can motor solution, please contact our sales engineer.